We offer options for kids and young adults up to 17 years of age to help support our dogs and/or cats from home, as volunteers who work directly with our animals must be 18+.
- Visit our Wish List and invite family and friends to participate in a Donation Drive to collect supplies that we use every day for our dogs and cats to make sure they are healthy and safe! You can also check out our Amazon Wish List. to order things from Amazon with the option of sending donations straight to Five Acres!
- Create No Sew Blankets that we would send with our dogs and cats in their Go Home Adoption Bags.
- If you like to cook, make Homemade Dog Treats or Homemade Cat Treats! We either give these treats to the dogs and cats in shelter or we include them in their adoption bag when they are going to their forever home!
- Provide our dogs and cats some enrichment time by making Snuffle Mat for them to forage around to find some treats or kibble.
- Learn about our Upcoming Events and help spread the word! Let your families, friends, and neighbors know what is going on at Five Acres and see if they are interested in participating with you! If one of your parents works for a company who would like to sponsor us for the event, ask your parent(s) to Contact Madeline, Development Director, for more info!
- Girl Scout Troop Visits:
- Earn your Pet Care Badge by visiting Five Acres for a lesson in responsible pet ownership, how to advocate for animals, and what you can do to help Five Acres animals! Troop leaders, please CLICK HERE to let us know of your interest! There is a $8 fee for this program per Girl Scout (as a nonprofit, these fees directly support our mission and community program offerings).
- Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts Award Projects:
- If you are interested in earning your Eagle Scout rank, or your Bronze, Silver or Gold award, by completing a project for Five Acres to benefit our dogs, cats and/or our shelter operations in general, please CLICK HERE to submit your information and project ideas!
If you have any questions about these opportunities, please Contact Kate!