We could not carry out our mission without our loyal volunteers! We rely on our awesome volunteers every day to keep our dogs and cats healthy and safe.
To get started as a volunteer at Five Acres, please complete the volunteer application below! If you have questions, please feel free to email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age Requirements: Individuals between 13-15 years of age may volunteer at Five Acres with a parent or guardian present at all times; 16 years and up may volunteer on their own with a parent signature.
- Walking dogs and socialization with cats
- Cleaning, laundry & dishes
- Helping with Canine and Feline Vet Runs
- Assisting as a Canine Adoption Counselor or Kitty Concierge
- Becoming a Foster Mom, Dad or Family
- Participate in Mobile Adoption Events and Special Events
- Assist with Youth Outreach, including: hosting Girl Scout troops by giving tours and pet safety/responsible pet ownership education, assisting School Service Groups to complete service hours, and becoming a Books with Bingo volunteer to sit with children and dogs during reading sessions
- Assist with Corporate Service Groups as they come to Five Acres to complete Days of Giving
- Shelter Buddy Program
- Adventure Team
- Help with Administrative tasks
- Photography Assistant to help get photos taken of our dogs and cats for our website
- Volunteer with our AniMeals program
- Become a Gift Shop and Front Desk Reception Assistant
- Maintenance, mowing and landscaping
- The opportunities are endless!
If you are interested in having your company or school group participate in a service day at Five Acres Animal Shelter, or are a troop leader of a Girl/Boy Scout troop interested in delivering donations and getting a tour along with pet education, please email Kate, our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- I would like to Volunteer my time and start helping pets in need!
- I would like to be a Foster parent and prepare pets for adoption!
- I would like to complete court ordered Community Service Hours at Five Acres Animal Shelter