Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Five Acres Animal Shelter!
Five Acres is growing and needs your help to keep this movement headed in the right direction! When you give time and energy to Five Acres Animal Shelter, you have the unique opportunity to be a part of something meaningful, learn new skills, and meet people who share the common goal of saving dogs and cats at the only no-kill shelter in St. Charles County and one of the largest in the St. Louis area! We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, not affiliated with any other shelter, humane society, or government entity. We do not receive any tax funding – therefore, we rely on the generous support of our donors and volunteers!
Begin Your Journey Now
First, join us for a one hour Orientation where you will learn more about Five Acres and our mission. You will also learn about all of the volunteer opportunities! This includes helping us accomplish our everyday tasks, like Dog Walking, Vet Runs, Housekeeping and Enrichment; as well as our more unique opportunities, such as Community Outreach, Youth Outreach and Special Events. You will have the chance to decide which tasks are a good fit for you here at Five Acres and learn more about how to get started! Volunteers who are 16 years of age and older can volunteer here independently; 13-15 years old must be with a parent/guardian at all times.
Please view the following videos to get a great picture of what it looks like to volunteer with our dogs and cats! *Coming Soon!!!
Please choose from the Orientation dates and times below to reserve your spot.
- Volunteer Orientation on 1/25 at 11:30am on January 25, 2020 11:30 am
- Volunteer Orientation on 2/6 at 3:30pm on February 6, 2020 3:30 pm
- Volunteer Orientation on 2/19 at 5pm on February 19, 2020 5:00 pm
- Volunteer Orientation on 2/22 at 11:30am on February 22, 2020 11:30 am
- Volunteer Orientation on 2/26 at 3:30pm on February 26, 2020 3:30 pm
- Volunteer Orientation on 3/12 at 4pm on March 12, 2020 4:00 pm
- Volunteer Orientation on 3/26 at 3:30pm on March 26, 2020 3:30 pm
- Volunteer Orientation on 4/9 at 4pm on April 9, 2020 4:00 pm
- Volunteer Orientation on 4/22 at 5pm on April 22, 2020 5:00 pm
For Court Ordered Community Service Hours