If you are interested in coming to Five Acres for a Day of Service or ongoing service, you have come to the right place! We would love to have you come to Five Acres if you are:
- part of a corporate group with employees/coworkers who would like to participate in a Day of Service;
- a student service group who is interested in completing volunteer hours for your high school or college,
- an individual who would like to complete service hours as a part of a school/church requirement
Thank you so much for your interest in Five Acres Animal Shelter! We welcome workplace service groups, student service groups or individuals, for service hours, typically for 2 hours at a time.
There are many different ways that you can help out, depending on how many people you plan to bring along, their ages (in the case of high school students), and what you all are willing to do! We do ask that each group who plans to come here has a maximum of 10 people in their group at a time. If that means we would schedule multiple days, we are more than happy to accommodate that if our calendar allows. Thank you for keeping that in mind as you plan your visit to Five Acres!
Some of the ways that you can help:
- Provide enrichment activities, such as playing with some dogs in our play yards
- Prepare newspaper to be laid in kennels for Intake and Isolation dogs
- Help with landscaping, including laying rock or hay in play yards, or mulching/weeding around the property; and many other tasks that come up on a day to day basis!
- We typically have groups come to Five Acres Days of Service in 2 hour blocks. We are flexible in terms of time of day.
Many people who plan service days here ask about what else they can do to help our shelter. We have a Wish List that gives a great idea of items we need if you were interested in hosting a donation drive collection within your workplace or school, or collecting items from the community to bring along to drop off on your Day of Giving! If you are a corporate group, we also welcome you to contact your corporate office as well to see if your volunteer hours donated qualifies for an employer match! Many companies offer this and we have several volunteers who submit hours to their company for a match and this is very helpful in raising funds for Five Acres Animal Shelter!