What do you love most about your job? I love the stories…
- An animal in need we were able to take in
- The 2 week old kitten with little chance of surviving but she makes it!
- An employee who figured out the best way to interact with a dog
- A volunteer who drove 1000 plus miles to save a life
- The donor who sponsored an emergency vet visit
- The little foster dog who escaped in a big city and somehow made it back to us safely!
What drew you to Five Acres? Two things…
- The support they provided my previous shelter over the past 4 yrs
- The PEOPLE…team members, volunteers, board members and donors all made a positive and lasting impact on me. They made the tough decision to leave a place I loved much easier.
Do you have any pets of your own?
Yes, I have a herd … Lily, Sarah, Jake, Stewie and Eddie all dachshunds who range in age from 9-17 and a 4 yr old deaf mini Australian Shepherd named Jaxson who has worked his way nicely into the crew and my life!
When you are not working, what do you like to do in your free time?
My passions include sharing my life with one special person, Michelle, spending time with my family, hiking, golf, mountain biking, grabbing a cold beer with friends and last but certainly not least hanging out with my hounds!